PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 18 Injured CX880 after RTO.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2023, 09:46
RAT Management

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Oasis
Have you considered that the reason the evacuation never happened in the front, was that the pilots stopped them in time, but were unable to cancel the order in the back?

I'm just spitballing here, as we don't know what happened, this is a rumour platform after all.
There are crazy Captains, there are crazy ISMs, I'm sure you've flown with many of them.
Crazy captains, I wouldn't say that. I've flown with guys that have a quirky personality to put it nicely. But, when it came to decisions and the job at hand they were beyond reproach. Thankfully a Cathay command is one of the toughest to attain and still means something. Something the trainers do their best to preserve regardless of the bean counters demands. If there is the slightest doubt about someone, they send the guy/gal for another Sim or check ride, nicely referred to by trainees as a chop Sim/ check. My mates and I were discussing this not long ago with the conclusion that none of us have never flown with a captain that didn't deserve it in CX!