PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern EBA
Thread: Eastern EBA
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2023, 03:52
43Inches

Received 432 Likes on 236 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeHatter732
I'm by no means defending the Eastern EBA, but please stop spreading misinformation. Anyone can pull up the respective EA's on the FWC website and see that the Rex FO base salary is $4k less than the lower 200/300 pay, and $10k less for those that start with 2000 hours (or after Year 4 commences, and add even more for the difference to the Q400 pay). Let's not spread malarkey to people who might be weighing up the two options.

.....and before you go on about additional allowances like you love to do, shock horror, Q-Link pilots also make allowances.
And this is where you have put your foot in it. The difference in Easterns and Rex EBAs are significant in so many ways that you obviously have not read them clearly enough. Easterns include the 7% leave loading and overnight DTA in the base salary, Rex adds it above base, that already puts over $5k on the Rex base. Then there's the small matter that Rex pilots now get 10 days off per 28 days or 8 day with a 1% buy back rate. That means those 2 days off have a value of 13% added per year. Then there's currently overtime paid on any duty that excedes CAO 48 requirements and so on... Like I said its worth $10s of thousands more. I suggest Dash pilots pull their fingers out as they are currently about 20% behind on CPI over the last 10 years.