PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Baltic Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2023, 14:34
BAA Training

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lleidapilot
Hi i am still in lleida, because actually I am from here. I live here and even though I graduated BAA 6 weeks ago , I am still very much in touch with what is happening at the flight school, because I meet my friends who are in the school daily, we live closeby (because they dont fly due to weather), please do not ignore my review, it still holds true . BAA are blatantly lying to you.

1. This is an outright lie. They are infact removing planes instead of adding them (selling tecnam p2002). They might have 8 planes 10 planes , but it does not matter, because only 3-4 flies and the rest is on the ground . And still, they do not have a single multi engine aircraft. Ask the management where is their multiengine aircraft, why are they advertising 2 if they have 0?
2. Then why is their own multiengine aircraft still on the ground waiting to be fixed?
3. I love that they quote student instructor ratio, ask them numbers, how many instructors they have and how many students? Turns out they dont have a lot of students nor instructors , which is why they are quoting a ratio and not a number. And also ask them how many instructors they had in 2021 or beginning of 2022? why did they leave ?
4. nop.lies. ask them about statistics from previous years
5. HAHAHA , ask them again about previous students, even famous ones from instagram- luke flood how long was his delay? pilotjonathan how long was his delay? actually you dont need to ask this because they posted their school timeline on instragram and publically so you can see when they started groundschool and when they finished. ask them why is everyone complaining about delay, is everyone lazy? BAA is dilligent XD ?
6. Its a small town with a university, good luck with acommodation, because university students take most of it. It is also quite unsafe. trust me I am from here.

If you really want to see the crux of the situation, ask them to send you a contract so you can read it. It has one million things about delays and how it is not BAA’s fault, they dont want to take any responsibility.
We understand that students may have experienced issues related to a limited number of training aircraft, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused. However, we assure you that the situation has now stabilized, and each student is allocated a fair amount of flight hours for their training.

Apart from the number of training aircraft available, the total training duration is also subject to students' progress, instructor availability, and weather conditions. Therefore, it is challenging to provide a definitive timeline for when a student will complete the program. However, on average, our students complete both ground school and flight school in 18 months when training in-class and 20 months when training remotely. It's important to note that some deviations are occasionally unavoidable, and there are cases where students may complete classroom-based training in 20 months. However, we are proud to announce that recently we have been surpassing our own records, with some students completing the program in just 17-17.5 months.

It is worth noting that training disruptions partially occurred due to a severe storm that occurred in Lleida during the summer of last year. This natural hazard caused damage to our maintenance facilities and aircraft, leading to the temporary cancellation of flight training operations. During this period, we had to rely on external providers to perform maintenance on our aircraft, as our own facilities were destroyed. However, prompt action was taken to address the consequences of the storm, resulting in the swift resolution of the issue and the restoration of operational capacity. The flight school has since resumed its operations smoothly, providing uninterrupted training to our students.

Kind Regards,
BAA Training team

Last edited by BAA Training; 3rd Jul 2023 at 11:54.