PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Baltic Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2023, 14:32
BAA Training

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flybyschool
onky because you mention us, I would like to clarify your comments about FlyBy and BAA.

It is our policy to never speak poorly of anyone… specially other flight schools. This post will follow those guidelines.

Yes, we hired 2 instructors that previously worked at BAA. One was a FlyBy graduated pilot that started working with us but went to work for them… and wanted to come back almost immediately but he stayed there for some years, if I am not mistaken.
The second instructor joined us un August and we are very happy with his performance.
There is a maintenance manager that also came from BAA to work with us but due to personal problems had to resign. I heard he may have gone back to BAA but I am not 100% sure.
Although we give preference to our students for TKI and FI positions, we also incorporate Instructors from other schools to support our growth. 4 instructors just started working with us recently

Several years ago, BAA contacted us for dry-lease of twin engines. We only offered to complete the ME training for them but we never agreed on the cost of the service so they went on to find a different solution

BAA has approached FlyBy in several occasions with different projects but we never found a mutually beneficial solution so have never worked with them

we don’t have any knowledge about the rest of the allegations presented here

FlyBy
We acknowledge that certain instructors have departed from our organization, either due to receiving offers from airlines or choosing to pursue their instructing careers elsewhere. We respect the individual choices made by each instructor, as personal satisfaction can vary from person to person. At BAA Training, we do not compel anyone to remain against their will, but rather encourage personal growth and development for all. It is worth noting that a number of instructors opted to leave during the pandemic, as we were unable to provide them with the necessary flight hours to sustain their business operations.

Kind Regards,
BAA Training team

Last edited by BAA Training; 3rd Jul 2023 at 11:51.