PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-10
Thread: Luton-10
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2023, 23:31
pabely

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LTNman
I don’t think you have grasped the bigger picture, as it doesn’t affect you in any meaningful way and you don’t live on a South Pacific Island. The sad truth is that we all need to fly less, as we will be compelled to drive around in our crappy 150 mile range expensive electric cars while living in homes with heat source pumps that cost 3 times the price of a gas boiler to install.. I can’t say I look forward to the future.

Luton doesn’t have to grow to be successful or be covered in yet more concrete, in fact it was financial successful when it didn’t start spending money it didn’t have. 18 million passengers is enough although no one will agree with me here.
Yet Male has accepted 3 new/resumed airline routes this week allown so they themselves are adding to the problem.

I have Dutch freinds, one of the most green in Europe and they are seriously worried about their jobs because of the green agenda.

For Luton 18m obviously is not enough for Joe Public otherwise they wouldn't keep coming.

Don't get me started on electic cars. In a world of increased living costs I am not going to buy something which is more expensive, has shorter range, has to interrupt my working day to be topped up, has little second value because the battery is shot and needs replacement to landfill - this from experience.
My neighbour works for a courier company, his electric van can only do 1/2 days work and he has been caught out in a busy city with zero juice.
Hybrid I can understand but there are no solutions yet in the aviation world.

Last edited by pabely; 28th Jun 2023 at 23:52.