PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - $100K type rating bond???
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2023, 11:15
tossbag

Received 176 Likes on 102 Posts
Aviation is the only industry that on the surface eats its own young. However, like most things there are two sides to a coin. I recently retired (again) from an operator that employed a dozen ex Virgin pilots. They all seemed nice blokes and I was involved in their training and induction etc. To a man they all seemed grateful for the lifeline, said they would stay and were happy. Fast forward 12 months, all went back to Virgin. Cost the company at least half a million dollars. So guess what? The company now bonds people. Pilots are once again their own worst enemies. It is a vicious circle that could be broken if pilots showed a bit of loyalty. At least give a couple of years to cover costs.
All the arseholes that went to Air North on the Jetstream? The bigger arseholes are those that employed them in the first place. I can't think of anyone so stupid as to believe a redundant jet pilot telling them 'yes, I'm done with big airline flying, I'm happy here.' Whomever is responsible for employing them got everything they deserved.

Anyone who couldn't see that covid would end and things would return to 'normal' is a cretin, kind of like the type of cretin who would invest in uber eats thinking that that **** would last forever.

They could have employed and typed pilots that would have stayed with them for a few years, but they were obviously dazzled by the big boys coming back to GA to grace them with their presence.

Last edited by tossbag; 28th Jun 2023 at 11:26.
The following 2 users liked this post by tossbag: