PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Roadshow HONG KONG March.
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2023, 08:13
Dingleberry Handpump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by corporal klinger
Genuine question and no personal attack or attempt to insult anyone.

You have 3 days off, what do you do?

Like today until Saturday. 40 degrees outside.
You have no more weather constraints than you do in HK. In fact fewer because there’s so much indoors.

My last few days off have included; golf (morning, hot but still doable), Louvre Abu Dhabi, squash, indoor karting, library, a couple of art exhibits, a drive up to the mountains in RAK for a BBQ, bowling & cinema with a mate’s kids, Sea World & the usual smattering of lunches/dinners/evenings out & coffee with mates. Oh, and the gym - a tiny helping of that! BBQ at a mate’s today after some dune bashing.

loads of gigs and concerts here, which I’m always late to the party in realising..

Other recent blocks I’ve had getaways across southern Europe.

Not too much in the way of shopping malls unless I need something.

YMMV but you can clearly see that there’s more to do in summer than most places, HK included. None of it is a pain, because you drive everywhere in your own car, taxis/Ubers are everywhere (they don’t drive off in a puff of Marlboro smoke when your tell them where you’re going) and the standard of offering across the board is generally much higher.

Very valid point above, despite having a good group of mates, I found HK very unfriendly. Partly cultural, mostly social. Everyone is in a rush, pushing and shoving, gawping at phones, no personal space etc.. Quite the opposite is true here. It’s all very easy-going.

Horses for courses, but I know a good horse when I look in its mouth.