PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 27th Jun 2023, 20:07
glenb

Received 83 Likes on 38 Posts
The letter from Ms Spence re. meeting

On 26/05/23, Ms Spence, CASA CEO wrote to me offering a meeting. My reference Pprune post #2608

On 04/06023, i responded to Ms. Spence, clarifying some issues. My reference Pprune post #2620

On 27/06/23, I received the following correspondence, and I am keen on any suggestions regarding the next step.

My initial thoughts are to hold off to October, as I believe a Board Member should be involved, or do I go back and request ANY board Member to facilitate an earlier date. Be assured that if i am waiting until October, I will be working feverishly in the background, and potentially engaging a lawyer to attend. As the CASA ICC is a lawyer, although in the role of the ICC, not as legal counsel, it may be more productive with a lawyer by my side.

Dear Mr Buckley

Thank you for the information you have provided in your email of 5 June 2023. While I appreciate you reiterating your perspective, it is important to note that the points that you have addressed in my email to you of 25 May 2023 are my summary of the findings of the Commonwealth Ombudsman’s investigation not a reflection of CASA’s views.

While I (and the CASA Chair) remain committed to the undertakings I gave you on 19 November 2021 and 7 January 2022 to meet with you to discuss the outcome of the Ombudsman’s independent investigation once it had been finalised, we are unable to commit to the four hours you request and can instead offer a meeting of up to two hours. It is also not our intention to revisit the matters you have raised again, given these have now been reviewed by the Ombudsman. If you do not accept the Ombudsman’s investigation findings, you should take this up with that Office rather than CASA.

In terms of scheduling the meeting, Mr Binskin will be unavailable until October 2023. If you would prefer to meet with me in Mr Binskin’s absence sooner than that, please contact Rosie Tsikleas from my Office to make arrangements. The only other CASA representative I propose to attend any meeting is Jonathan Hanton, CASA’s Industry Complaints Commissioner.

Regards

Pip

Last edited by glenb; 21st Jul 2023 at 21:37.