PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More on huge circuits at Moorabbin/Point Cook
Old 18th Jan 2004, 18:40
Hornet_26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have recently had some trouble with wide circuits at night at YMMB, but the funny thing is that I fly at the company that everyone is having a go at in this topic! The aircraft involved could not lay-off drift on upwind, had a very wide downwind and an extended downwind! I had to complete an hour of these annoying circuits as I needed the command before my MECIR test two days later.

Just a note on the company that people are having a go at: My flying training has been with many different schools that have been in different states and therefore different airports. When I came to learn at the said flight school I didnt find their circuits at all different to the training circuits that I have completed elsewhere. Weird, hey! The company is the most professional GA organisation that I have been involved with, I said that I have been involved with.

If you want to have a scary session of night circuits, just head to the west. YPJT can be a scary place for night circuits with Asain Airlines school students flying some interesting circuits! Not to talk about the language barrier!

Anyway, I hope that in the future the regulation authority can organise for GA organisations to get trogether and come up with some uniform procedures. I am sure this will happen!

Safe flying