PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic-2
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2023, 17:31
L1011effoh

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
You are probably best to ask this in Terms and Endearment forum. With all due respect to the people that post in this particular forum, a lot are armchair CEOs and enthusiasts - a lot of pilots don’t make it down this far. Having previously lost my captain’s job, I feel for you and recognise your desire for stability. I haven’t flown for DHL nor VS, but freight didn’t suffer during Covid and has continued to boom, so I would go for DHL.
Originally Posted by PilotRichard
Hi All,

I find myself in a bit of a crux at the minute, however by no means do I intend to come across as ungrateful or believing I have it worse than others.

I find myself unsure of what airline/ career job I want to take. For context, I’m a young(ish) FO who was made redundant twice from a certain poorly managed UK regional airline. I’ve got a start date at the end of summer with VAA SO, and currently have interviews lined up with TUI/DHL. I’m not sure if I’m just paranoid of losing my job again but I’m struggling to decide what the most logical, secure (term used lightly given the sh1thousery of the industry) and fulfilling job is out of the opportunities at present. I’m fully aware I’m lucky to even have a job lined up, that I’m not ungrateful for.

I find myself still unsure of VAA, given I never intended to go LH so early, would prefer a SH role and be home, but at the end of the day all I want is the most secure role. I’m not asking any thing directly but any honest insight/advice/feedback would be massively appreciated.