PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Pilot arrested
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2004, 09:50
Warrior042

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

This report made me post for the first time. I am familiar with both the pilot and the final destination airport (PTW) in question. While the pilot made an absolutely terrible error in judgement and deserves the weight of the law coming down on him, I could not believe the outcry that ensued following this incident.

I had my parents call me from Ireland (I live in PA) and ask me about the pilot that was trying to crash into airliners and the nuclear power plant.

Please, stop the madness. This guy apparently flew through PHL class B and caused ATC to take notice (twice, once on the way to ACY and once on the way back). ATC requested him to land at PHL, northeast and wings field. The guy fled to PTW before circling the field a bunch of times ( The field is adjacent to a nuclear power plant) prior to landing.

I hope that he bears the full brunt of the law as far as flying under the influence of alcohol. I also hope that he has learned a valuable lesson. But the implication that came through the media such as where were the F16's and why wasn't this guy shot down were a little over the top.

A fine job was done by ATC and law enfocement to divert traffic and get an ass**le pilot back on the ground. Please dont let it go any further than that.

Respectfully

Warrior042