PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nepotism in pilot selection
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2023, 20:58
Luray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OKSUP
A skill can be learned much faster than changing an attitude or a personality trait.
Minumum flight time requirements are set for safety reasons. You can have best attitude and constant smile on your face, but believe me from safety point of view without experience in airline flying you are still the same kid as the one with bad attitude. its like bodybuilding. If you have super duper motivation , you still can't compete with someone who's been lifting for years.
Even mediocre pilot with solid experience will be much safer than fresh cpl holder with the best knowledge of atpl's and airplane systems.
People at HR are kids on first time job accompanied by office pilots that couln't handle everyday flying. They think autopilot flies an airplane and in case it fails there is a captain to take over. According to them , FO is simply a rudiment required by outdated law. Why would they need to hire experienced FO that will ask for better conditions and salary when there is a kid from let410 that will lick their bottom and not complain for a few years just to be replaced by another expendabale kid after a couple of years.
Prove me wrong , but recent incident involving motivated instagram pilots almost crashing fully functional a220 in day VMC is my argument.