PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nepotism in pilot selection
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2023, 09:44
batushka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OKSUP
Not all people living in Prague are Czechs. Including me.

Flying for AB does not give me insights into their HR and hiring policies. I just fly their planes, I don't hire pilots. I'm not going to make assumptions on something I don't know.

To my knowledge AB doesn't have more incidents than any other airline. Back to my question, do you have comparative data to support your claim? Were you involved in the investigations? If not, then you are just speculating.

The personality and attitude is something you assess during the interview of course, to see if the candidate will integrate well with your crews. If you want to be flexible on your requirements to allow meeting candidates with interesting profiles, it's up to you. Many employers are not strict on all published requirements for this exact reason. But you seem to see the world as black or white only (if I caricature, I would have guessed you come from the military without you telling us... )

Regarding your speculation that "a whole group of Czechs passed the assessment", I can only tell about my experience:
- I don't see many Czech crews in the crew briefing
- I didn't know anyone at AB when I applied
- I didn't get any shortcut, I met the requirements and had the same assessment as everyone else through my application (online test, then 2 days assessment in Riga with sim, technical interview, HR interview, psychology interview/psychometric tests, and finally management interview). There was no middle man or whatever complotist thing you mentioned in the other post...
- I certainly didn't bribe anyone ( lol, from all your assumptions, I have to admit this one made me laugh ) I can't even afford a TR, so Immagine a bribery...I also did not pay anything for my TR or LT. Just the regular bond as usual for many airlines.

I'm not sure this will satisfy your hunger for plots but please chill and stop seeing tricks everywhere. I got rejected by other airlines, with no responses, no feedback. I just forget about it and move on. Trust me life is easier like that
Why laughing with the bribe assumption?
What is your opinion for the massive hiring of Czech VanAir pilots who were flying the LET410 before? It didn't cover the requirements of AB for EFIS/FMS experience.
Did they call them cause looked nice guys?
How did they figure it out, by reading their CVs?
If I was in any HR team I would be annoyed with the candidates who send without having the requirements, would be useless extra work for me. That's why I don't send if I don't meet the entry requirements.
A year ago, when AB opened positions were still a lot of experienced unemployed pilots due of covid and war in the Ukraine, I don't think adequate candidates were less than the positions offered