PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nepotism in pilot selection
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2023, 19:12
OKSUP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by menekse
You didn’t quote me but I am the OP.
Happy to have in this topic a Czech guy ( you posted that you live and work in Prague) who works for airbaltic as your location is Riga.
Instead of general assumptions you can tell us how they called at the first place the Czech group of pilots who didn’t meet the entry requirements. I don’t have first hand knowledge but there are a lot of posts about it in airbaltic thread and it was one of the reasons to open this thread. You can give useful info as all this fuzz was about you guys.
Regarding your post
1.It’s true AB has quite a lot of pilot related incidents. Since are pilot related there must be something in selection or training or both.
2. At least what I found on google, AB lately had more than 300 pilot candidate’s interviews , why to bother invite the ones who didn’t meet the entry requirements? To waste time and money? They had a ton of CVs I guess, what is reasonable is to pick the ones who meet the requirements. You say they “showed personality” How is that, via the piles of CVs? According the posts at ab thread a whole group of Czechs who didn’t meet the requirements passed, isn’t suspicious?
Regarding the legality, as far as I know, ab is a state company, Latvian tax payers fund it, and no monkey business should happen.
In my last days in the Air Force was interviewing pilot candidates, if I was not following the rules I would be court martialed cause I was working for the state. Laws are varies from country to country but braking regulations in public sector can lead you to serious legal trouble. Anyway I don’t know the exact status of ab.
Of course all these are theories, you can give us a more comprehensive answer. And saying “showed personality” isn’t convincing at least when you apply for a job in a different country supposedly you don’t know the hiring team in person
Not all people living in Prague are Czechs. Including me.

Flying for AB does not give me insights into their HR and hiring policies. I just fly their planes, I don't hire pilots. I'm not going to make assumptions on something I don't know.

To my knowledge AB doesn't have more incidents than any other airline. Back to my question, do you have comparative data to support your claim? Were you involved in the investigations? If not, then you are just speculating.

The personality and attitude is something you assess during the interview of course, to see if the candidate will integrate well with your crews. If you want to be flexible on your requirements to allow meeting candidates with interesting profiles, it's up to you. Many employers are not strict on all published requirements for this exact reason. But you seem to see the world as black or white only (if I caricature, I would have guessed you come from the military without you telling us... )

Regarding your speculation that "a whole group of Czechs passed the assessment", I can only tell about my experience:
- I don't see many Czech crews in the crew briefing
- I didn't know anyone at AB when I applied
- I didn't get any shortcut, I met the requirements and had the same assessment as everyone else through my application (online test, then 2 days assessment in Riga with sim, technical interview, HR interview, psychology interview/psychometric tests, and finally management interview). There was no middle man or whatever complotist thing you mentioned in the other post...
- I certainly didn't bribe anyone ( lol, from all your assumptions, I have to admit this one made me laugh ) I can't even afford a TR, so Immagine a bribery...I also did not pay anything for my TR or LT. Just the regular bond as usual for many airlines.

I'm not sure this will satisfy your hunger for plots but please chill and stop seeing tricks everywhere. I got rejected by other airlines, with no responses, no feedback. I just forget about it and move on. Trust me life is easier like that