PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI airways-2
Thread: TUI airways-2
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2023, 11:54
JonnyH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vokes55
I’ve never denied there are issues, but this notion that they’re somehow worse than other airlines is pure fallacy based largely on emotive opinion with a sprinkling of anecdotal evidence.

My point is that all airlines have issues because all airlines share the same congested airspace and the same congested airports. They fly the same aircraft which suffer the same technical problems and face the same parts shortages. They’re bound by the same FTLs. You’ll see long delays with TUI because they delay instead of cancelling. They remain at the top of departure and arrival boards long after the cancelled flights have been wiped off. And for some reason, completely unbeknown to me, they seem to have a loyal following of spotters on pprune with nothing better to do than tracking the location of every single aircraft and posting here whenever one does something unexpected.

In the real world, away from the echo chambers of Twitter and Pprune, the number of delayed flights and dissatisfied customers is a tiny percentage of the total and certainly nowhere near last year. Probably something that can be said about all operators.

And yes, Jet2 have delays too. Plenty of them.
I absolutely respect your opinion and I agree that other airlines have problems - they all have dissatisfied customers, crew issues, tech issues, system issues etc.

The point is still valid, however, that they have got all of these plans for 2024 and beyond yet 2022 and the start of Summer 2023 have been shambolic and they’re suffering the same serious issues which do not seem to be improving and they do not have a resolution to these problems either clearly. Many of these issues are not being felt by their competitors and if they are, they’re not where near as bad as they are for TUI.

FWIW, irrelevant of cost, they should be keeping their two 767s in service after this summer.