PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair chief pilot fired
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2023, 07:01
dr dre

Received 372 Likes on 204 Posts
Originally Posted by MissChief
Is this really so important? Hardly a flight safety issue, and not very interesting to most of us.
First off an issue does not need to be a "flight safety issue" to be a thread on this forum. As the forum description states: "Reporting Points that may affect our jobs or lives as professional pilots. Also, items that may be of interest to professional pilots."

This is the Chief Pilot of one of the world's biggest airlines, and highlights an issue that is a major one with a growing number of the pilot pool. Even though I am not female I would like to see more discussion and reporting around these issues of workplace harassment which would adversely affect the employment of some of my colleagues.

And I believe it is a safety issue. These women were subject to flying with a known harasser, someone who could affect their career. What if they resisted the CP's advances and then he denied them a promotion? What if they became afraid to speak up on safety issues in his presence? What if being subject to harassment distracted them from their jobs? Lots of issues at play there.