PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-10
Thread: Luton-10
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2023, 00:49
pabely

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LTNman
Little hissy fit? It was Wizz, as I was still tapping away at this iPad when it took off. The wife wakes up with the noise so I looked up the flight on flightradar 24, as it headed away from Luton. Think it was meant to take off at 18.35 and was heading for Tirana.

As I tap away now another late Wizz takes off at 00:33. This is why there is a summer overnight ban on biz jets. Too many airlines taking off and landing late.
Edit
Oh here is the next one. 2 hour late Wizz arrival that should have landed at 22:38 followed by a Ryanair arriving 1 hour 30 minutes late.

As a condition of a 32m airport the airport should be forced to close overnight like many other civilised airports.

Smoke and mirrors. LLAOL and LRT both refuse to commit to imposing pollution limits on aircraft flying into and out of Luton. While the airport will achieve net zero, pollution is set for a massive increase if expansion plans are passed.
Not at all but a B737-800 has a larger noise footprint than an Airbus 321NEO.
There is another one at 02:10 soon.

Which are these other 'civilised' airports? Don't quote Heathrow, it is not closed. Stansted, Gatwick, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol, Liverpool.....
Oh you mean Farnborough!