PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2023, 22:11
42psi

Received 60 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Rutan16
This is the bit Manchester Airport ( not MAG Group) CANNOT legally do “suggest one of the other group airports to try and keep the potential revenue within the group”

Manchester Airport can simple only decline the potential business as previous stated .

Airport can also “if they wish” discuss and potentially amend the terms (at contractually agreed times) with partner franchisees specifically the handling companies.

Its a multifaceted approach .

BTW Manchester Airport is an ACL slot controlled airport and the ONE THING the airport authority can NOT offer are slots !

Appreciate what you say, I was trying to simplify the explanation as many contributors to this discussion seem way off the mark.

I think you'll find the commercial business generation is actually a group function, not an individual airport one. So consulting with a customer and informing them where its likely they will get the service they require is appropriate.

As for ammending the Handling agent agreement, yes that can be ammended and in recent years attempts have/are being made on various aspects.
But...... you can't amend it in a way that damages either party, no-one wins from that.

As for slots, perhaps poorly worded I guess. I'm not suggesting they "offer" slots, but a natural part part of the sequence is always going to be establishing if slots are available.