PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2023, 17:58
eggc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We import regualry, mainly by sea granted, but increasingly by air - our next shipment is due in LHR this coming Thursday evening and we'll have it in Manchester Friday all being well and we've never had to suffer the delays you mention even when goods arrive to the UK as far a field away as Heathrow. We dont bring enough in for me to be an expert on the matter but we bring enough in to have a rough idea and 48 hours after arrival is about the worst we've experienced.

As for it is not MAN's choice to attempt to redirect cargo traffic then what choice does it have if it does not, nor a handling agent, have the equipment to handle said request. Tell me I am wrong but the is nothing illegal about the lack of suitable equipment at MAN and if demand does not warrant this expensive kit sat around most of the time doing sod all then why would MAG, or a handling agent, invest in it ? In light of which if an enquiry comes in and MAN cant do it then surely MAG wanting to keep the business and suggest EMA isnt a crime ?