PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-3
Thread: Southampton-3
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2023, 10:37
rog747

Received 47 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Sotonsean
No real need for guesses is there 🙄

I'm in no way suggesting or implying that EasyJet are to announce further routes from Southampton regardless of the obvious post's on here. I will wait for the day until an official statement is made by EasyJet as I am not the type of person who takes rumours seriously. But if and when EasyJet do announce further routes from Southampton I would imagine that they will be the obvious choices as in.

Alicante
Faro
Malaga
Palma

With the addition of Edinburgh if EasyJet decided to maintain domestic flights to Southampton.

And "maybe" possibly other potential destinations in the future such as,

Barcelona
Berlin
Ibiza
Milan
Nice
Venice

Some people are posting on here as if they have inside knowledge which with some posters is clearly untrue.
Indeed - and the rather big IF is that should Easyjet decide to add more routes flying in to, and out of SOU, then it will only be from the places where the EasyJet Group have based aircraft and crews;
ie: such as those flights currently served from GVA which are operated by easyJet Switzerland, and those from BFS and GLA are by EasyJet UK.
Any other routes such as PMI, VCE, AGP, ALC FAO etc would be operated by EasyJet Europe's based aircraft (No IBZ or MLA bases BTW) and likely many would be summer only.