PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2023, 08:24
SWBKCB

Received 97 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Navpi
It's interesting to note that many observers with no direct connection with Manchester Airport have an opinion, they are of course welcome. Many feel that MAGs strategic planning is on point with reference to freight, but i would contest whether there would be the same degree of enthusiasm for this misguided strategy if their own airport were so encumbered ?
What's your connection with MAN that gives your view any extra weight and what's your evidence that supports your view that you know better than the professionals running the airport? And there is a difference from thinking it is "on point" and understanding why the current approach is in place - none of us have the facts to know.

particularly when it pertains to carriers which would like to supplement existing passenger schedules with whole-plane freight services. As for realistic candidates, I am aware of specific carriers which have enquired at MAN. However, it is not appropriate to post commercially sensitive information on here and I'm not prepared to do so.
This from Ozzy is the only comment I've seen which has been anything other than speculation and opinion.