PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-3
Thread: Southampton-3
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2023, 06:31
SWBKCB

Received 101 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by TCAS FAN
Sorry to be pedantic, what is defined as “completion”? If I were AGS I am not going to pay the final invoice until my surveyors have confirmed that I have the 164 metres that I am paying for, the runway markings are in accordance with plans approved by CAA and the AGL changes are firstly in accordance with the CAA approved project plans and secondly have been successfully flight checked. That’s what I’d define as “completion”.

In line with my definition I’d be planning the official opening in September.

Interesting point - does anybody know if this is actually what is meant by 'completion'? Is it the delivery of the physical infrastructure, i.e. once the point is dry on the revised runway markings, or the day the extension is officially/legally available for use, or possibly a number of points inbetween.

Anybody know how these contracts nornmally work? Is the contractor just responsible for the physical infrastructure or do are do they deliver a total solution - presumably this would involve integration into the operators existing processes and procedures? As you can tell, don't have much knowledge of how these sorts of projects are delivered!