PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2023, 23:27
OzzyOzBorn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not advocating pursuit of cargo business best suited to EMA (or STN). They are a focus hub for the likes of DHL, UPS and FedEx; MAN can only aspire to be a spoke for operations such as these - though this airport should not be artificially inhibited from fulfilling that role where offered. More pertinent to MAN is cargo intended for the NW region specifically - that business IS "rightfully" MAN's, particularly when it pertains to carriers which would like to supplement existing passenger schedules with whole-plane freight services. As for realistic candidates, I am aware of specific carriers which have enquired at MAN. However, it is not appropriate to post commercially sensitive information on here and I'm not prepared to do so.

If cargo business is this dire profit black hole which you describe, why are airports such as STN and EMA so keen to attract such terrible business for themselves? They must see something in it. They aren't charities. And MAG proudly trumpets their cargo prowess.

I note that you reference my "blind spots", apparently borne of raw emotion. However, I put it to you that the data summarised by me in post 2702 has addressed afew "blind spots" of your own. However, please feel free to expand on my "blind spots" (as you identify them) for further topical discussion.