PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Command on A320
Thread: Command on A320
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2023, 16:31
Dragon_Delight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find it hilarious nowadays pilots are going against each other but not the management for their questionable decisions.
With some exceptions, most CX pilots worked 20+ years would have probably lived in Hong Kong for more than 7 years. Any reason for not applying PR?
Besides, the requests they put to IMMD were simply asking the gov to enforce the exisitng General Employment Policy. Most civilised countries put their local/people with PR before expats with work visa.
Will be interesting to see one day if you lose your job, will you be sitting on your hands and accept your fate?
There were many other ways the management could have put everyone in a better position. For instance, perhaps no pay leave instead of redundancy? That would have probably avoided the narrow body and media disaster. Let’s just say im not suprised to see people protecting their rights when you force them into survival mode.
For command upgrades, if you don’t have the hours, you don’t have the hours. simple as that. Puting the next one up following seniority seems to be making sense to me. I would very much prefer it to be in this way than introducing DECs.

Last edited by Dragon_Delight; 16th Jun 2023 at 17:09.