PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA Personal Accident Policy
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2004, 02:39
Cusco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AOPA Personal Accident Policy

Marsh UK, the insurance company based in Kent who administer the AOPA personal accident policy, wrote to me this morning to tell me that the AOPA Master policy was being discontinued from 1st February this year (less than 2 weeks time) and inviting me to make alternative insurance arrangements elsewhere.

Kinda 'So long its been good to know ya')

This is not the first time the former AOPA 'Wings' policy has dumped me unceremoniously at short notice.

In their letter Marsh UK said that the Policy was being discontinued 'after discussions with AOPA' so AOPA clearly knew about this before today, yet not a peep to Members

Nothing on the AOPA website (which I might add only recognised my membership number this evening after rejecting me all day).

So: do I sweat it out to see if AOPA comes up with an alternative?

Or can PPRuNeRS out there recommend a basic accident policy to me.

I 've been paying about 48 squids per month for either GBP100k life cover or GBP200 a week for 2 years temporary total disablement cover.

I don't want any bolt-ons like critical illness cover or mortgage cover just the plain vanilla cover like I had before.

I should add that I already have some cover from long standing Life Insurance Policies, but 'er indoors needs a bit more if I shuffle off this mortal coil in my spam can.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Martin R -- you out there?

Or even any AOPA members in the same situation.

Safe (and well insured ) flying

Cusco