PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAaus training advice
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2023, 02:33
PiperCameron

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by djpil
They've been advertising it at $190 per hour "HALF THE PRICE of other legacy aircraft options" however Lilydale has a Jabiru at $120-132 and Vixxen at $130-143. Data from a friend who flew the electric machine shows that it has a 30 minute endurance (plus minimum reserve) at around 70 kts so an even worse situation than haviator is in now.
Hmm.. not quite so. It's complicated. AIUI, you're only charged whilst the prop is spinning (which it doesn't whilst waiting at the holding point), there is no 'run-up' required, less instruments to check and endurance is completely dependent upon the kind of flying you're doing (down low and circuit training being optimal) - so depending upon traffic at the time, I'd still see it as something worth investigating early on in the flying journey on an oranges to apples basis.

That being said, if it's currently unavailable for serious training then I guess that rules it out of consideration. Maybe wait a year or two?

Originally Posted by djpil
I got my info from Lilydale's website.
See there's your problem - they haven't updated their web-site in recent years. Cactus knows when (if ever) they will!!