PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2023, 03:22
43Inches

Received 433 Likes on 236 Posts
Originally Posted by Makiko
Why is including OT " unfair" , OT is scheduled & more available

The minimum of 53.5 hours per 28 days or month (can't remember) is likely the lowest in the world

Nobody saying the large OS carriers wouldn't be fun & an experience

But they have all changed a lot the ME3 don't count bunk time as "stick time" so you fly 50% more than BA, AF , Luftansa etc

SIA well you might get "best practise" rosters the expat allowances have gone

I would be telling your SAAB friend to join the QF group(or Virgin,Alliance) get some jet time , unlikely to be competitive for Sing/ME

43 could you detail specifically where the conditions at ML have been eroded ( Yes understand there is now a B Scale for Airbus SOs - but that was voted in by the QF pilots ) . Aside from that I doubt you could detail anything
Mid east carriers have taken direct from the SAAB in the past, if they are desperate enough, the jet time requirement turns into turbine time and so on. In any case I think most Rex pilots have a resume in somewhere or are waiting on start dates. I was using that as an indication that you can make close to that income flying a 30 seat turboprop, so comparing someone flying a 180+ seat jet is only earning $25k more. Those chasing quick cash all jumped at Atlas anyway and the US conditions on offer atm. There's a good chunk of ex-rex pilots representing in every airline in Australia.

I seem to remember some pay freezes and such going on at ML for a number of years, would that not be an erosion of conditions to begin with, and if you are not achieving at least CPI on your yearly increments you are losing ground.