PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2023, 02:53
43Inches

Received 433 Likes on 236 Posts
Originally Posted by Makiko
Its easy to find for those who cannot

Just open the Contract & read the part where it says FO Base $160K for 53.5 hours 28 days (part A)

Then you do some OT(part B) , you will have to work pretty hard for this brass & allowances (part C)

& you have A + B + C = $275K

" i'm in" well it isn't as easy as that if you are an external applicant

Over past 15 years there have been 3 two week windows where applications have been open to externals

You will have to compete against 2000 other people , 25% will get a test , maybe 10% will get a job

You might find it an easier pathway to join group airline & transfer under their now annual mainline program - exclusive to Group Pilots

So clearly there isn't a charge out the door at ML to SIA to halve your income, and it exceeds to joys of ACMI flying at Atlas
But including OT is an unfair comparison, I know SAAB captains at Rex that will nudge $250k this year. Would you rather fly a SAAB than work for SIA/EK? It's not all about cash as well. Also your point was that you would be on that coin on day 2 of working for QF, so would have to be direct entry for that to happen and onto a 737 and immediately earning $275k is unlikely. And to counter any talk about carreer progression on the SAAB, how long before you can get a wide body command at QF compare to the likes of EK, which is where the real money flows.

Tell me about all the Asian ports...
Yes, apart from having significant flight schedules to Europe, Asia, Africa, North America and South America they have a fantastic network to all destinations.