PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAaus training advice
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2023, 00:49
djpil

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by haviator
Yep that's what I suspect as well - it's the 1.5h bookings that make it tough for the instructors and bad for us students. Another 30mins of allocated time per lesson would do a world of good for (almost) everybody involved.
Yes, as others have stated, an hour flight lesson needs much more than 1.5 hr. As I stated, 1.5 is typical - I've worked part time with various flight schools over the years, some have changed, others haven't. Some schools allow their instructors more flexibility in bookings schedules than others. I've been beaten up by a CFI at an aero club for my longer bookings. Of course, my income was less too as casual instructors get paid on flight time per the award.

haviator, you will find other schools nearby which now work to a more suitable schedule if yours won't change.

We've not had any long briefings to be honest.
You may find the syllabus for your school interesting, as well as reading your own training records.

I prepare religiously so there's not a whole lot of detail to cover pre-flight.
Good work, you should do well. Unfortunately, I encounter too many students these days who must be spoonfed.

No more Jabiru's at Lilydale.
I got my info from Lilydale's website.

The following users liked this post: