PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2023, 22:23
Sotonsean

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by AvGeek1
Would anyone else agreed that Warsaw is underserved from Manchester? I think there’s the opportunity for either LOT or Wizz to operate from Warsaw Chopin. Ryanair currently thrice weekly to Warsaw Modlin (secondary airport) I believe.

Are there any other short-haul destinations which are underserved from Manchester, that could be operate by a full service airline or low cost carrier?
As your probably aware, LOT Polish Airlines have previously operated a scheduled Warsaw to Manchester service on two previous occasions in the last couple of decades. I think that they applied for slots for 2020 but obviously this didn't materialise. Hopefully LOT will return to Manchester sometime in the future.

As already mentioned, an up gauge with Iberia would be great. A daily Iberia Madrid to Manchester service instead of the current Iberia Express flights.

Hopefully Manchester will eventually see ITA Airways at some point with a service from Milan. The former Alitalia had an on off relationship with Manchester and considering that almost all of the European national airlines have consistently served Manchester it's always surprised me regarding the Italians.