PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF C-130J's to be retired early?
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2023, 20:52
EGDLaddict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MG
FML, someone needs a holiday!
It was the last hurrah, just let them crack on with it. I’ll bet a good few of those flying probably won’t sit in a military cockpit again, so cut them just a little slack will you?
Haarrumph.
So, bugger everybody else, so long as it was fun for the future shiny arsed crew members.
They could massage their collective egos in the gymnasium changing room.
Why fly over the home-ground of our local terrorist threats - Holyhead, Stranraer, and the other place.
Was that flight over Valley done to encourage the studes not to screw up their fast jet training (rubber dog turds to Hong Kong). Was it done for the Hawk QFIs to have a giggle?

Still can't figure out any reason to fly at 20k through central Scotland. Could somebody please, please, please enlighten me. Was it monkey-puke-sandwich-munching hour? Why all that waffling around North of Lossie? I'm sure that yer average FJ pilot could find 3 Hercs without all that waffle. That's the sort of garbage that a Nav would do "tromboning!!" to sort out timing.
Nice and close was the formation as they flew near to the RWB High St. Such a shame that they missed the actual street.

Did those fuel-stealing thieves at Cambridge deserved attention. Let's remember that they were responsible for storing them after delivery from Lockheed. They just parked them and let the tyres go flat and the rain to come in. They also had the job of painting the machines. Said paint peeled off on the each machine's first flight through cloud.

Allow me to quote you:
"Just let them crack on with it. I’ll bet a good few of those flying probably won’t sit in a military cockpit again, so cut them just a little slack will you?"

NO CHANCE of that mate.

More angst to come if you like!