PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar - Wannabes & Recruitment IV
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2023, 16:41
Kylie walker

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Skye65
Happy to support you ccmum as I attended AD recently for Jetstar. Dress to impress. Look like you’re already a FA. They’re really friendly and helpful. Once you’ve handed in your resume and pic you’ll be ushered into another room and directed to a table. The group activity was come up with a marketing campaign to promote airline using an ambassador. Most chose sports stars. Come up with a jingle. We were given 15 mins and then present. Remember to contribute but listen to others, don’t dominate (our table had one and I’ll be surprised if she gets through). We were assessed the whole time. Next a written comprehension test. Read the information and answer 5 questions. My advice is read questions first then find the relevant text that answers your question. Basically a copy and paste exercise looking at how you read technical info under pressure. Then it’s one on one. A couple of questions re what skills you have and then the behavioural questions. Answer star format. Tell me a time you were resilient. A time you solved a problem in a team. A time you encountered conflict in team. A time you followed policies. A time you had a difficult customer. Always smile. Talk with others and no phone. Good luck! Hopefully I find out If I’m through next few days.
This is similar advice I gave for this exact same question, but your answer is better. When answering interview questions, I’d give customer service examples in that format mentioned. If u show u are friendly and outgoing and thoughtful, you will be a strong candidate.

The only thing I’d add is prepare and design a picture & catch phrase for your imaginary Airline advertisement do that before your AD and it’ll definitely give you an edge, as it can be really tough to come up with good idea under pressure. 10mins

Also be aware of the time you have left and inform fellow group members as it’s easy to run out of time. Reminding your team shows the assessor you are thinking, and have good time management.

I was freaked out speaking in front of an audience, but you will feel proud of yourself overcoming any fear.

if you are the one who comes up with a cute idea for a good travel advert, itll make your team stand out and be super helpful on the day. Just make sure everyone’s in agreement.

I did want to answer this question but I already have I’m another post. And I worry we could get in a lot of trouble for divulging Qantas’ internal recruitment strategies.

Polished shoes, succinct interview answers and a good answers are imperative,. No need for specific test answers, this is enough for someone to pass if they are willing to take the time to do research and answer in correct format.

And pls don’t be tempted to wear a donut bun, I know they look neat, but that style is the Emerites & Qatar look it is not the Qantas image.

Last edited by Kylie walker; 15th Jun 2023 at 08:25.