PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2023, 10:07
MANFAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lfc84
Friends used Manchester for a holiday to Rhodes with Tui recently. They said airport check in queue was 1 hour. They say security had 2 lanes open and took 50 minutes to get through.

On the way back they said they landed late and were on the plane for 1 hour because there were no steps or bus to allow them to disembark. They should have landed at 01.40 but due to various delays it was 4.15am when they collected their bags.

The following day they flew to IOM and the boarding gate was announced on the screens, so they went to the gate. Then whilst at the gate the screen said final call. However, they said boarding had not commenced - even though the plane was on the apron.
Sometimes it’s a case of luck too, I have travelled through Manchester 8 times this year from all three terminals, both arriving and departing flights and with the exception of the TUI check in queue, everything has been fine and on time.

I queued for 45 mins on 21st May to drop my case off with TUI, but Swissport are still not fully staffed so this explains these queues.
But I am surprised at the security queue you mention, 95% of passengers have been processed within 15 mins since April now, across all three terminals, I think your friends were unlucky on this particular day.