PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAaus training advice
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2023, 08:26
haviator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by djpil
0.3 on the ground is typical however you will get a little quicker at your smallish aerodrome later in your training. 0.5 - 0.6 in the air doesn't allow much time for stalling exercises by the time you climb to altitude. An extra 0.1-0.2 for the flight would've significantly increased the time dedicated to stall practice.
Did the instructor give any reason for the shorter flight - what did he/she write in your training records?
A 1.5 hr slot is typical - but very tight. Do you get a satisfactory pre-flight briefing and post-flight debrief (long theory briefing as appropriate in advance)?
I don't want the answers to those questions but I suggest that you consider them and sit down with the Head of Operations, training records in front of you, to discuss these concerns.

They've been advertising it at $190 per hour "HALF THE PRICE of other legacy aircraft options" however Lilydale has a Jabiru at $120-132 and Vixxen at $130-143. Data from a friend who flew the electric machine shows that it has a 30 minute endurance (plus minimum reserve) at around 70 kts so an even worse situation than haviator is in now.
No more Jabiru's at Lilydale. Only Vixxens and GA aircraft. Vixxen dual rates are currently $260 (midweek) or $286 (weekend) or $140-154 solo. I don't think the electric plane would be useful with such a short flight time and I think they're comparing it's price to GA aircraft prices. It's really more comparable to RA ultralights given it's specs.