PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAaus training advice
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2023, 05:35
PiperCameron

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts
Welcome to the funny farm, haviator!

Originally Posted by haviator
For example, today I was scheduled for a stalls. I got charged for 0.9 hours, flight was around 34mins according to flightrader but we only managed 3 stalls. We climbed to 3500' did a few checks, instructor did 1 stall and then I did 3 and then we returned. 2 of these were idle config stalls and one approach stall. All my lessons feel rushed and I'm always waiting for my instructor when my lesson should be scheduled to start. By the time we get airborne, we're already behind and so everything is rushed. They book lessons 1.5hours apart.
First off, the $$$ start ticking over the moment the engine starts so, depending upon how long it takes for the engine to warm up, taxi, do your ground checks (all for sure longer than 10 minutes) plus taxi back and park (possibly another 10 minutes) that's 0.3 hours right there. Added to your 34 minutes flight time is where you money is going. If the lessons feel rushed, it sounds like they probably are.

If I was you I'd:
1. Book more time with your instructor to make up for the lost time on the ground - ask about 2hr bookings rather than 1.
2. Consider switching your initial training to FlyOnE's AlphaElectro: https://flyone.com.au/electricaircraft/alphaelectro/ - there's one at Lilydale - which may work out cheaper $/hr at the starting-out phase of your training.
3. Find a new flight school, starting with booking a TIF (it's generally cheaper)

Good luck!