PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAaus training advice
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2023, 03:19
haviator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RAaus training advice

I've been in training for my RPC for the past few weeks and am a little concerned I'm not getting efficient use of training time so wanted to check if I'm being pedantic about it or if it sounds about right.

Usually lessons are going for about 0.8 - 0.9 hours on the hobbs - never quite get a full hour in. I check all my flights on flightrader after and I'm only getting 30-35mins time in the air according to flightrader. I can't be spending more than 10 mins on the ground doing checks and taxiing. My training aerodrome is a smallish untowered aerodrome 45mins out of Melbourne that's usually not that busy so I hardly have to wait on the ground.

For example, today I was scheduled for a stalls. I got charged for 0.9 hours, flight was around 34mins according to flightrader but we only managed 3 stalls. We climbed to 3500' did a few checks, instructor did 1 stall and then I did 3 and then we returned. 2 of these were idle config stalls and one approach stall. All my lessons feel rushed and I'm always waiting for my instructor when my lesson should be scheduled to start. By the time we get airborne, we're already behind and so everything is rushed. They book lessons 1.5hours apart.

Turns spilled into 2 lessons because we only managed to do a few level turns in one lesson and climbing / descending turns in the second. Basic stalls now will spill over to another lesson because I only got to do 3 stalls in this lesson.

Am I being overly sensitive or is that about right how these lessons go?