PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dutch interest in Airbus H225M for special forces
Old 12th Jun 2023, 17:35
minigundiplomat

Received 189 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by dickmct
MGD, I do not regard rotor detachments as normal in any way; it is tantamount to a wing falling off a Jumbo. However, as far as I know it has only happened on the NS; that is what I find interesting.
Beyond that I am not going to comment further.
That's fair enough. As I alluded to earlier, when you consider the global hours flown by both L2 and 225 fleets, I would hazard a guess that the NS would have been a hefty chunk.Whether both incidents occurring in a 'similar postcode' is statistical, or due to maintenance variations, I do not know.

However, what I do know is 13 people lost their lives at Turoy in an accident that should not have happened, and AH's behaviour following that incident was more focused on limiting the damage to future sales than establishing a root cause. Having thrown rather unsubstantiated blame at Heli-One, the focus was clearly on getting the type ungrounded and the sales to overseas customers back on track. That EASA played along with this is difficult to comprehend, and it is a credit to the Norwegian and UK CAA that they held firm.

Heli-One were not responsible for the cracks in the epicyclic gears, and are still, I believe, owed an apology (I am not a Heli-One engineer - for the avoidance of doubt).

That the North Sea operators and 'punters' lost confidence in the type is down to a range of factors - but AH were in control of many of them.

Beyond that I am not going to comment further.
That seems like a reasonable example, which I will also follow.