PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF officer found guilty of fraudulently claiming £83,000 in school fees.
Old 9th Jun 2023, 10:13
Just This Once...

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Asturias56
I still think its odd that someone is allowed to put their kids in expensive schools at tax-payers expense
Happens in commercial industry, overseas contractors, government, civil servants & militaries around the world. Families still get a kicking though, whatever part of private or public employment you are employed in. For all public servants the tax-payer has to foot the bill in most circumstances (sometimes the costs are shifted to a foreign government or even companies with some secondments) and, ultimately, it is part of the price when governments use some private contractors too.

I managed to complete just under 30 years without using it but I had to compromise elsewhere for my kids education. I don't begrudge those that use CEA either. Whilst it may sound fantastic for your kids to go to a posh version of Hogwarts, you do get to hear what it is genuinely like for a kid to be the only 'poor' one in the class, that comes from a region that everyone seems blissfully unaware of, who didn't go to any of the 'right sort' of feeder schools or be destined for the next pillar of inbreeding education, just because Mummy and Daddy don't own most of Sussex.