PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oshkosh
Thread: Oshkosh
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2023, 07:22
airspace alpha

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Kellys bar at the University. Put cash on the bar, the girls will serve you drinks and tell you when you need to put down more, The cardboard the pizza comes on tastes better than the pizza,
And on that score last time I was there the "food court" at OSH tried to go 'international" rather than the usual hot dog/burger/cheese curds stuff. They served "Singapore fried rice" and I swear when I turned the container upside down the rice didn't move.

My personal tip- not just for OSH but anywhere in the US. Go to Queen Vic market in Melbourne or any cheapo shop in a CBD and buy the $3-4 pack of clip-on Koalas with Australian flag or boomerang. Then hand them out to anyone in the service industry in the US. On board a plane when buying a drink hand over your credit card with a koala attached " Hi! I'm from Australia- Thats for you!" to the FA. Chances are your card will come back un-billed and another bottle of booze will accompany it. I've rarely paid for a drink in flight, had F class upgrades, far better rental cars and much more by giving a koala and a smile.- in the service industry they are so used to surly demanding people they react fantastically well to genuine thanks and appreciation.