PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ‘Stop choosing useless white male pilots’, RAF told
Old 7th Jun 2023, 14:40
Roland Pulfrew

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Lomon
This isn't the 1950's, when a pilot was purely employed to "go up tidlly [sic] up up." These days in a massively reduced Air Force everyone has to be able to turn their hand to more than just the role they were recruited for - a concept some current RAF pilots seem woefully incapable of contemplating.
Wow, what a blinkered view! No wonder people are leaving in droves. Even in the 1950s this wasn't true, as aircrew did many jobs other than fly. Aircrew filled Ops posts, HQ posts, ATC posts, training posts, even OC GD Flight. The RAF has been through many rounds of removing aircrew from ground jobs to get them back into the cockpit. The biggest recent one was circa 2012, when the retention of EVERY non-flying but aircrew allotted post, had to be justified; the underlying question was why can't this be non-aircrew? That undermines your argument. Your view is as wrong, but might go some way to explaining why the RAF is in the state it is today.

As for
Originally Posted by Lomon
The OPERATIVE word is useless.
well that just highlights your lack of comprehension. I think anyone with a semblance of intelligence, as opposed to being a village idiot, knows that what the Sqn Ldr meant was: useless (in meeting CAS' D&I agenda), rather than being useless pilots. I'm afraid useless pilots don't tend to survive long.