PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2023, 22:09
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by laviation
EIUK keep Virgin in check and offer a cheaper alternative

While certainly all of those destinations I listed together are a fantasy, one of them on their own wouldn’t do half bad. If I recall correctly Thomas Cook planned to do Providence in 2016. PVD 2-3 a week on an A321 isn’t going to hurt anyone !

Now Norse’s business plan is more Norwegian out of Gatwick than Norwegian out of Edinburgh. Of course they won’t do that sort of thing.. only complicates the fleet. If VS and EUK continue to stagnate they are very much welcome to fly wherever they please but they are not a long term solution to the network holes I am afraid
Amazed the word stagnate can be used in this context to describe Manchester and EI and VS. EI is very new there and created a new airline to fly these routes in a very short time. They've also increased the aircraft size for the JFK route. VS invested A350 in MAN and they will reopen new US routes. Nothing stagnating about any of this.

Based on pricing in the market there is competition and I'd bet it's no picnic for either airline particularly on MCO and to a lesser extent JFK. With that in mind, surprising that MAG would encourage Norse into that space. Like another contributor said, EIUK may not be looking long term if a raft of new completion at lower cost base comes in.

However, all that said, MAG should absolutely have an aspiration to see Norse look to TA flying from STN. That should be the goal. We shall wait and see. Feels like something is definitely cooking.

​​​