PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nepotism in pilot selection
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2023, 07:52
skyguardian88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ilvee
No I did not, neither did my friend who is now at ab. He was in the recruitment process pre covid when they were hiring Q400 fo:s and what I can tell about the guy in the sim, he was from our neighbouring country where maybe not all opc`s are that strict. I do not know anybody who has got chosen to an airline with less hours than has been required, I was just telling my opinion with an example from real life, at least to some extent. And as I said, most of the experienced pilots are of course more competent than fresh graduates, but there are rare exceptions. For example if you go through a selection process to your training, where 2 percent of the applicants get chosen, it might be that you have some qualities that are seeked from the airlines also.
Since you bothered telling your opinion with an example from real life, why don't you ask your friend in AB about the your fellow Finnish pilots who skipped the entry requirements and joined AB last year with previous experience in 4 seats planes.
That would be much more relevant with this thread rather the story of a failed candidate you posted