PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 737 Max Recertification Testing - Finally.
Old 1st Jun 2023, 20:14
MechEngr

Received 214 Likes on 118 Posts
I invited creating a separate thread, at least that was the intended implication.

As far as I can tell from the really bad interface and help screens, PACER charges for the page count of items returned on that list. It also charges separately if items from that list are downloaded.

If a low-time user goes to PACER and asks for cases involving Boeing, the way that one might with Google, expecting to whittle it down with more sophisticated searches, then PACER might easily turn up thousands of dollars worth of charges.

Which brings to mind - how did you know to search PACER for this particular recent information?

You protest about not wanting insolvency - but never express the damages you feel will 100% end all litigation. Previously it's been that Boeing has not been punished enough. $20 Billion has crippled the ability of Boeing to compete. Insolvency is the next step. If the participants want to let others know of their suffering there are likely 100 or so ghost writers in the US who can put together a tell-all book. The only reason to go to the courts for this is to try to extract financial revenge sufficient to salve all their wounds and that is the extraction of all the financial value of Boeing to put an end to the company. Or it's just a callous attempt at a money grab. Perhaps I'm just cynical.