PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ‘Stop choosing useless white male pilots’, RAF told
Old 1st Jun 2023, 17:40
Jobza Guddun

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Timelord
I must say I am absolutely astonished by this story. My service ceased in 2000 and women aircrew were already “ not an issue”, it has only become an issue now because of the culture wars raging all around us. If the person described was really a Cpl on the Typhoon force he (I presume) would have strapped in plenty of female pilots, including a female Squadron Commander. Are things really going backwards so fast that people think like that again?
No they're not going backwards so fast. The majority of people still couldn't care less about people's personal details as long as they pull their weight at work. Female aircrew are still not an issue, the novelty has long since worn off. If the story is correct, then this Cpl is highly likely to have never known an RAF without female aircrew, so the attitude is puzzling. Maybe a reservist or member of a Trade Group that doesn't engage with aircrew? Could've been the PR Team element rather than one of the techs on the Display Team.

Not a representative viewpoint anyway.
The following 2 users liked this post by Jobza Guddun: