PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ‘Stop choosing useless white male pilots’, RAF told
Old 1st Jun 2023, 08:44
Finningley Boy

Received 77 Likes on 43 Posts
I've not read through the thread, so may posts in such a short space of time. I can't make any excuses for myself, I'm white and male, oh and for all its worth belong to the straight camp. However, I didn't even apply for aircrew because my academic qualifications du jour precluded such a waste of time. However, the remark by the good Squadron Leader about useless white male pilots suggests that the RAF have sought the ill-qualified, perhaps I was in with a chance after all, rather than pick from the Creme de la Creme of everyone outside the white male Barrel. More importantly, all this broadening of the recruitment pool, has a by-product goal. That is to harmonise one and all, find common purpose and aspiration etc. This is what I thought the actual no nonsense side of diversity and woke thinking was supposed to be about. As I have long, otherwise, suspected, it is instead about creating division and trying to reverse what many on the diversity side believe to be white male privilege. Hence all the divisive acrimony from people like this Squadron Leader. Qualifications are one thing, thinking is something else, as we are quickly finding out from the country's Universities. One more point, John Nichol was on the Nick Ferrari show on LBC some weeks back, he was promoting his new book about the Dambusters. At one stage before going off air, John rightly referred to the brave men of 617 during the war. Afterwards, Nick, who has a fetish about referencing men and women both, in connection with any and every field of endeavour, sought to correct what John said, with 'surely the men and the women of 617'. Then got his researcher to fact check, whether or not women flew as operational aircrew on the Dams raid.

FB