PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ‘Stop choosing useless white male pilots’, RAF told
Old 31st May 2023, 17:03
Bob Viking

Received 553 Likes on 151 Posts
Gp Capt Lizzie Nichol

I try very hard, on a daily basis, to not get annoyed by what happens in an organisation that I am no longer a part of. As a white male it’s obvious that the RAF doesn’t miss me anyway, so it’s probably best that I stick by that mantra.

I do have one burning question though. The one person that has come out of the whole shambles smelling of roses is Lizzie Nicholl. I wholeheartedly agree that she did the right thing by highlighting the issue but I wonder what publicity she would have got if she were a white, male Gp Capt. Would the court of public opinion just have told a white, male officer to put up and shut up?

Have we actually entered a time where the one group of people who cannot comment on the issue of white males being discriminated against are white males? Is it exclusively everyone else that needs to stand up for the white males before anyone takes notice? Would it be fair to say that everyone that isn’t a white male and fails to speak up does it out of self interest or just fails to see an issue? Because I don’t see a whole lot of sympathy on here from anyone except other white males.

Anyway, just throwing that out there to add to the conversation. I’m sure I’ll face a barrage of accusations of being sexist/misogynist/fascist/racist for daring to stick my head above the parapet but c’est la vie.

I wish the best of luck to anyone who wants to join the RAF right now but it saddens me to say that, right now, I wouldn’t recommended it to anyone.

Here’s hoping that an Engineer CAS is what the RAF has been missing this whole time and he can sort out the mess left by Wigston.

BV