PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ‘Stop choosing useless white male pilots’, RAF told
Old 31st May 2023, 16:01
SWBKCB

Received 89 Likes on 61 Posts
Surely the most important word here is 'useless' - does the RAF have selection panels which selects people who look like themselves rather than getting the best people for the job?

Once these cats get out of the bag, they won't go back. If I was a young white male looking for a rewarding career I would be wary of joining an organisation which I suspected would treat me differently because of my race, sex or sexual orientation. I would wonder about postings, promotions, allocation of quarters, training opportunities and other career related aspects. Conversely, if I was a young black female I might wonder if my impending career would be stellar because of my race, sex or sexual orientation and not due to my ability and personal qualities. Perhaps this will result in white males doing everything they can to get in, get trained, fly, have fun and get out as soon as possible.
Switch this around and you get what has been happening for how many years? Lets face it, for as long as any of us can remember white males have had an advantage