PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ‘Stop choosing useless white male pilots’, RAF told
Old 31st May 2023, 14:05
Wig Wag

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
‘Stop choosing useless white male pilots’, RAF told

Telegraph 31 May 2023:

‘Stop choosing useless white male pilots’, RAF told
The RAF instructed staff to stop choosing “useless white male pilots” for training courses in a leaked email seen by The Telegraph.

In an email dated Jan 19, 2021, Squadron Leader Andrew Harwin, who worked in the Officer and Aircrew Selection Centre, sent an email to his colleagues, he discussed the boarding process where candidates are chosen to pursue certain training courses, he wrote: “I noted that the boards have recently been predominantly white male heavy.

“If we don’t have enough BAME and female to board then we need to make the decision to pause boarding and seek more BAME and female from the RAF.

I don’t really need to see loads of useless white male pilots, let’s get as focused as possible, I am more than happy to reduce boarding if needed to have a balanced BAME/female/male board.”
I thought I read something somewhere about it being best to judge someone by the content of their character rather than the colour of their skin?

The following 3 users liked this post by Wig Wag: