PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China's C919 maiden commercial flight
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2023, 13:37
WideScreen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hartington
China overseas politics may come into play, particularly in Africa. Given their "investment" in infrastructure there I wonder if a few aircraft will also appear?
Maybe, with the same quality aspects as with the infrastructure items, built by China quality contractors, based on politically motivated China government (backed) loans.

Combine the excellent China quality with the inherent African tendency to properly maintain what one has and the long technical life of these items, being far beyond the time required to pay off the loans for these items, and one can expect all these countries to be in for a very prosperous future. And at the same time giving China the opportunity to reinvest the money they get back on loan pay off's. Or do I miss something?

I do hear stories about large-scale loan restructuring for these African countries, with repayment terms beyond the time horizon, or just outright confiscating the properties (ehh buy for default value), and internal China messages about (super) large scale mortgage restructuring in such a way that the grandchildren still pay off the mortgages of their grandparents. All these items are financially very healthy. Or do I miss something?

Of course, the red carpet is being used to brush away unwanted items.

Gives me visions of the USSR "selling" their fighter aircraft to poor Asian/African countries, just to find out, these turned into scrap, not long after delivery.