PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hill Helicopters HX50
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2023, 07:50
admikar

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Hughes500
Bellblade, I m sure they do but some of the costs OEM charge for putting paperwork on items is eye watering. Wasnt that long ago for instance i had 2 owners needing a new clutch on a 341. One was on the Bosnian register so clutch came from Bosnia around £ 8k. The other clutch for a G ref ac couldnt have a clutch overhauled in Bosnia, it came from your favourite helicopter manufacturer with a price tag of over £ 27 k opened the box and what a surprise the clutch came from the factory in Bosnia, nice work to just put a piece of paper on it. As owner of over 35 different helicopters over the years I could give you numerous examples of ridiculous pricing for parts that quite frankly are of **** quality and wouldn't pass basic quality control at any automotive manufacturer. ( before you ask my QM used to be a chief quality auditor at a large automotive company and was applied at the lack of quality control in our industry, eg HTC blades and a Tq inspection to stop the blades falling apart, 10 years later done nothing to change the process of blade manufacture, to cure the root cause. As my QM says that would not happen in automotive ) If Hill can bring sensible manufacturing to his machines and lets be frank he is not doing anything that radical, just bringing the best ideas from all sorts of industries he is onto a winner. Of course he will have problems , I would guess supply shortages of things like Titanium would be a killer at the moment.
Question: people that already signed up, are they on fixed price contract?